measure wordfor houses; (for houses, schools, hospitals, etc.)
There is a hospital near my home.
There are many teachers in these two schools.
My family has bought a new house.
n.used in the names of institutions
local police station
auxiliary word(used before the verb in the subject-predicate structure)
things one sees and hears
auxiliary wordexpressing a passive meaning
The young soldier was killed by the enemy.
Words and phrases with 所
- 所在[word]place; where somebody or something is
- 所有制[word]system of ownership
- 所费不资[word]The cost is no small amount.
- 所剩无几[idiom]There isn’t much left.
- 所向无前[idiom]None can stand against one's might.
- 所见略同[idiom]agree mostly
- 所见所闻[idiom]what one sees and hears
- 所作所为[idiom]all one has done
- 所向披靡[idiom]be invincible/irresistible