prep.with; by; by means of
We should take facts as the basis.
We should use our strength of will to overcome difficulties.
We should carry on negotiations in the spirit of equality.
focus on the central task of economic construction
conj.fmland; as well as
The city wall is high and thick.
conj.in order that; so that
in order to answer an urgent need
so as to make a bigger impression
so as to distinguish this from other cases
in order to make up for a shortage
The ancient city of Xi'an is world-famous for its time-honoured history.
be celebrated for its scenic beauty
She is famous for his learning.
prep.according to; by
By our standards, he is not qualified.
enroll students according to their merits
in my opinion
prep.fmlat (a certain time); on (a fixed date)
south of the Yellow River
north of the Yangtze River
under 20 years of age
Words and phrases with 以
- 以粮为纲[word]take grain as the key link
- 以言代法[word]substitute one's words for legal provisions
- 以近[word]up to
- 以前[word]earlier times
- 以次充好[word]substitute shoddy goods for good cargo
- 以东[word]east of
- 以旧换新[word]trade in the old for the new
- 以假乱真[idiom]mix the spurious with the genuine
- 以偏概全[idiom]take a part for the whole
- 以点带面[idiom]use the experience of selected units to promote work in the entire area
- 以防万一[idiom]be prepared for all contingencies
- 以身作则[idiom]set an example with one's own conduct
- 以牙还牙[idiom]tooth for tooth
- 以此类推[idiom]can deduce the rest from this
- 以权谋私[idiom]abuse power for personal gains