adj.weighty; (as opposed to ‘light’)heavy; hefty
My workload is too heavy.
That's putting it too strongly.
This box is too heavy for me to move.
We must put state affairs first.
It's the taking-part that counts.
adj.deep; serious; heavy; thick
He was seriously injured.
The colour is too deep.
He has a heavy Shandong accent
This egg weighs two liang.
How much does this stone weigh?
How many catties does this piece of meat weigh?
adj.discreet; prudent; composed; serious
adj.considerable in amount or value
pay a high price for engaging somebody
v.attach importance to; consider somebody/something important
highly value the friendship
It's wrong to regard men as superior to women.
Words and phrases with 重
- 重赏[word]give bounteous awards/rewards; bounteous award
- 重卡[word]heavy truck
- 重犯[word]major criminal
- 重灾区[word]worst-hit region
- 重臣[word]minister holding an important post or shouldering heavy responsibilities
- 重镇[word]town of strategic importance
- 重刑[word]severe punishment
- 重剑[word]epee; sword used in fencing
- 重量[word]weight; weight of goods
- 重男轻女[idiom]regard men as superior to women
- 重色轻友[idiom]dates before mates
- 重于泰山[idiom]be of great importance