I shut my eyes and tried to go to sleep.
Shut your mouth, if you know what's good for you.
He closed his eyes wearily.
v.obstruct; stop up
hold one's breath
close a meeting
Words and phrases with 闭
- 闭合[word]close; closed
- 闭嘴[word]shut up
- 闭幕式[word]closing ceremony
- 闭合电路[word]closed circuit
- 闭气[word]involuntarily stop breathing; hold one's breath
- 闭口[word]remain tight-lipped
- 闭港[word]closure of port
- 闭目[word]close/shut one's eyes; pass away
- 闭门不出[idiom]be confined to the house
- 闭目养神[idiom]close one's eyes and rest one's mind
- 闭门谢客[idiom]close one's door to visitors
- 闭门造车[idiom]make a cart behind closed doors
- 闭月羞花[idiom]make the moon hide behind a cloud and put the flowers to shame
- 闭门思过[idiom]carry on introspection of one's mistakes in seclusion
- 闭口不谈[idiom]avoid mentioning
- 闭关自守[idiom]adopt an isolationist policy
- 闭关锁国[idiom]cut off/close one's country from the outside world