Structure:Above to below
A policeman was patrolling the street in civilian clothes.
He dresses very simply.
I've already worn this coat for two years.
wear something next to the skin
If there's a hole in your dress, just fix it.
A bullet penetrated below the left shoulder.
v.used after verbs to indicate completeness, damage or penetration;
These jewels are strung together on a silver chain.
Words and phrases with 穿
- 穿梭外交[word]shuttle diplomacy
- 穿云破雾[word]pierce the clouds and mist
- 穿孔机[word]piercer; keypunch
- 穿爆[word]drilling and blasting
- 穿针[word]thread a needle
- 穿插[word]alternate; weave in
- 穿凿附会[idiom]draw far-forced analogies
- 穿针引线[idiom]act as a go-between
- 穿窬之盗[idiom]thief who breaks through a wall
- 穿云裂石[idiom]able to pierce cloud and split rock
- 穿靴戴帽[idiom]use clichés/platitudes; daily living habits
- 穿壁引光[idiom]bore a hole through the wall so that light from the neighbour can be used for studying
Chinese Characters with pinyin chuān
- 川plain; Sichuan Province