adj.wide (in diameter); thick
Here's a big rope.
The tree is very thick.
This post is very thick.
I have a thick voice and speak loudly.
Her voice was rough.
He has a rough voice.
crude and careless
The dress looks ok at first sight.
know a little about
adj.wide (in breadth); thick
rude and violent
adj.(as opposed to "refined") coarse
Words and phrases with 粗
- 粗布[word]coarse/harsh cloth; homespun
- 粗活[word]heavy manual labuor
- 粗笨[word]clumsy; heavy
- 粗细[word]thickness; quality of work
- 粗话[word]vulgar language/expressions
- 粗通文墨[idiom]barely know the rudiments
- 粗声粗气[idiom]deep and gruff voice
- 粗茶淡饭[idiom]plain tea and simple food
- 粗中有细[idiom]crude in most matters, but subtle in some
- 粗制滥造[idiom]crudely made
- 粗心浮气[idiom]unthoughtful and rash