n.behind; back; rear
behind the mountain
the enemy's rear
behind a house
n.after; afterwards; later
Three months later, he died of illness.
After class, students go to the playground.
Two days later, he went to Beijing.
He is the last five persons in the class.
The last three follow me.
We spent the last two months putting the finishing touches on things.
n.fmlempress; queen; wife of a king or emperor
empress and imperial concubines
n.archmonarch; sovereign; ruler
king of the Shang Dynasty
n.fmlHou, a surname
Words and phrases with 后
- 后来[word]afterwards; newly arrived/come
- 后路[word]communication lines to the rear; room for maneuver
- 后进[word]young people of little experience or knowledge; backward
- 后脑勺[word]the back side of head
- 后院[word]backyard; home
- 后世[word]the next world; later ages
- 后续[word]follow up; remarry
- 后者[word]the latter
- 后生可畏[idiom]the young are to be regarded with awe
- 后起之秀[idiom]promising young person
- 后来居上[idiom]catch up from behind
- 后患无穷[idiom]Disastrous aftermaths are inexhaustible.
- 后悔莫及[idiom]be too late to regret
- 后顾之忧[idiom]disturbance in the rear
- 后继有人[idiom]have qualified successors
- 后继乏人[idiom]no qualified successors
- 后发制人[idiom]let one's opponent start hitting and then get the better of him