v.see; look at; watch; read
watch a videotape
watch a play
look at a picture
v.look upon; regard; treat
treat with a new attitude
I don't treat you like an outsider.
I treat you as my own child.
v.think; consider; judge
make a correct appraisal of the situation
Look at the essence of the problem.
The plan sounds good to me.
v.call on; visit; see
He had come half a dozen times to call upon his sister.
I'll go and see him tomorrow.
v.look after; take care of
take care of
v.(used after a reduplicated verb or a verb phrase) try and see (what happens)
Just taste this.
have a look
Think it over.
v.see or consult (a doctor); treat (a patient or an illness)
treat a patient
v.mind; watch out; take care
Mind you don't fall!
That depends on how you tackle the problem.
Words and phrases with 看
- 看齐[word]dress the ranks; emulate
- 看上去[word]look like
- 看作[word]consider/regard as
- 看错[word]make a mistake
- 看不过[word]cannot bear to see
- 看清[word]see clearly; realize
- 看不出[word]be unable to perceive
- 看书[word]read a book
- 看人说话[idiom]tailor one's words according to the person addressed
- 看人眉睫[idiom]be subservient
- 看人下菜[idiom]treat people according to their social status
- 看破红尘[idiom]be disillusioned with the mortal world
- 看菜吃饭[idiom]regulate the appetite according to the dishes
- 看朱成碧[idiom]can’t distinguish colours due to a confused mind
- 看风使舵[idiom]trim one's sails
- Note1."看" is different from "看见". "看" refers to the action itself, "看见" refers to the result of the action; "看" means that the action is in progress, and "看见" means that the action has been completed. 2. When pronounced as "kān", "看" means guarding or surveillance, such as "看家" and "看守". "