He looks straight at me.
You go straight ahead and you'll arrive there.
I was shaking like a leaf.
He stands straight and stiff.
His long, straight hair is so beautiful.
The straight chair is comfortable.
The hall is 15 metres in length and 8 in width.
I feel a simly piercing pain.
I feel so cold that I think I'm indeed in a ice hole.
She smiles simply like an innocent kid.
Stretch your legs.
He straightens his back.
I am too tired to straighten my back.
fair and honest
adj.frank; straight forward; candid
honest and straightforward
own up readily
n.vertical stroke (in Chinese characters)
The "straight" stroke in Chinese character writing must be written well.
He talks on and on.
We have a continuous talk since we have not seen each other for a long time.
That kid keeps crying.
Words and phrases with 直
- 直白[word]frank and honest; straightforward
- 直播[word]direct seeding; direct broadcast
- 直勾勾[word]staring fixedly
- 直挺挺[word]bolt upright
- 直道而行[idiom]follow the straight path
- 直抒己见[idiom]state one's views frankly
- 直截了当[idiom]flat and plain
- 直来直去[idiom]go nonstop to and back; blunt
- 直言不讳[idiom]be outspoken in one's remarks
- 直眉瞪眼[idiom]fume; stare blankly
- 直捣黄龙[idiom]press forward to the enemy headquarters