adj.(of distance) long; (of space or time) long
The road ahead is still very long.
There is a long distance between the two places.
She has long eyelashes.
The length of the bridge is 100 metres.
The table is one metre long.
How long is this tunnel?
v.be good at; be proficient in; be strong in
He is good at painting.
She is good at writing.
They are good at embroidery.
n.forte; strong points
Everyone has his own strong points.
proficiency in one particular field
adj.formerly pronounced; remainder; surplus
anything that can be spared
Words and phrases with 长
- 长期性[word]protracted nature
- 长命[word]lasting long
- 长空[word]vast sky
- 长远[word]long-term; for a long time
- 长途电话[word]long distance telephone
- 长命百岁[idiom]life of a hundred years
- 长此以往[idiom]if things go on like this
- 长久之计[idiom]a long-term policy
- 长年累月[idiom]year out
- 长途跋涉[idiom]trek a long way
- 长生不老[idiom]be alive for evermore
- 长驱直入[idiom]push forward straight after a long march
- 长治久安[idiom]lasting political stability
- 长篇大论[idiom]a long and minute statement