adj.big; large; great;general; main; major
The big earthquake has already happened.
He is strong.
This is a big city.
adv.(of degree) quite; very; greatly
It is already broad daylight.
The truth has been revealed.
kick up a row
adj.resp(referring to things related to others) your
your honourable name
senior branch of a family
What's the size of that room?
This room is twice the size of that one.
This thing is as big as a bean.
adj.(used before words indicating time or festival for emphasis)
early in the morning
n.dialfather; one's father's brother; uncle
father's second younger/elder brother
In respect of age, I am his senior.
How old are you?
Words and phrases with 大
- 大一[word]freshman year
- 大概[word]general idea; approximate
- 大部[word]greater part
- 大赛[word]match on a large scale and at a high level
- 大门[word]entrance door
- 大幅[word]substantially; a large piece
- 大批[word]large quantities of
- 大笑[word]laugh loudly
- 大惊小怪[idiom]be surprised/alarmed at something very ordinary
- 大势所趋[idiom]as the trend of the times indicates
- 大吃大喝[idiom]eat and drink extravagantly
- 大街小巷[idiom]high streets and back lanes
- 大不相同[idiom]be quite a different pair of shoes
- 大喝一声[idiom]jolt someone and talk to him sharply
- 大惊失色[idiom]be frightened and change color
- 大起大落[idiom]great ups and downs
- 大吃一惊[idiom]be greatly surprised