Structure:Left to right
adv.alone; by oneself; in solitude
live a solitary existence
sit by oneself
arrogate to oneself
Only he hasn't come yet.
Others understand it, but he alone does not understand.
Everyone has something to gain, but he alone can't accomplish anything.
n.old people without offspring
widows, widowers, orphans and old and childless people
adj.infmlselfish; not tolerant
This person is a bit alone and can't get along with anyone.
Words and phrases with 独
- 独霸[word]dominate exclusively
- 独占[word]have something all to oneself
- 独木[word]one tree
- 独奏[word]solo; perform/play solo
- 独断[word]make decisions on one's own
- 独力[word]by one's own efforts
- 独有[word]possess alone; but
- 独断专行[idiom]make arbitrary decisions and take peremptory action
- 独来独往[idiom]travel alone; keep to oneself
- 独善其身[idiom]preserve one's integrity; be concerned for oneself only
- 独当一面[idiom]be on one's own
- 独立自主[idiom]stand on one's own
- 独具匠心[idiom]have originality
- 独树一帜[idiom]develop one's own unique style
- 独占鳌头[idiom]head the list of successful candidates