v.assemble; gather; get together
We'll meet again some day.
We met together by accident.
I tried but didn't meet him yesterday.
v.can; be likely to; be good at
I can skate.
He can swim.
I can speak Chinese.
Can you sing?
n.meeting; party; conference
I have a meeting today.
There's going to be a meeting tonight.
He's going to a ball tonight.
The conference was inaugurated yesterday.
n.association; society; union; organization
chamber of commerce
United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund
n.opportunity; occasion; chance
happen to be present on the occasion
v.fmlshould; be sure to; ought to
It's likely to rain today.
He will surely come.
This article will no doubt come in for a great deal of criticism.
in a moment
v.understand; grasp; comprehend
It can be sensed, but it can not be explained in words.
n.chief city; main city
the capital of the province
v.pay a bill; foot a bill
I've already paid the bill.
adv.fmlhappen; by coincidence; coincide with
At that moment, a guest happened to visit.
Words and phrases with 会
- 会期[word]date of a meeting; duration of a meeting
- 会阴[word]perineum; Huiyin acupoint
- 会场[word]conference/assembly hall
- 会意[word]combined meaning; understanding
- 会要[word]book of economic and political institutions and regulations of a dynasty
- 会展[word]meetings, incentives, conferences/conventions and exhibitions/events; joint exhibition
- 会员制[word]membership system
- 会同[word]jointly with other organization concerned
- Note"会" is different from "能". When expressing a person's recovery of a certain ability, or when expressing a certain degree or efficiency, it is appropriate to use "能" instead of "会".