n.(of plants) node; knob; joint
lotus root joint
n.(of animals) joint
joint of bones
Pure Brightness Festival
the Midautumn Festival
n.section; division; part
The first chapter of this book contains three sections.
chapters and sections
measure wordsection; length; stanza
He ate three segments of a sugar cane.
He has taken two classes.
There are ten railway coaches here.
Please save electricity.
Please increase earnings and cut expenses.
I'd rather economize on clothes than food.
n.formality; etiquette; protocol
n.rhythm; meter; beat
n.moral integrity; chastity
integrity in one's later years
measure wordknot; unit of navigation speed, equal to one nautical mile per hour
This boat can do twenty knots.
The ship was sailing at 30 knots.
n.a kind of certificate (used to prove one's identity in ancient times)
Words and phrases with 节
- 节间[word]panel; internode
- 节度[word]military governorship; control
- 节流阀[word]throttle valve
- 节流[word]reduce expenditure; throttle
- 节气[word]solar term
- 节哀[word]restrain grief
- 节礼[word]festive gift
- 节本[word]abbreviated version
- 节用裕民[idiom]cut down annual expenditures in order to enrich the people
- 节哀顺变[idiom]restrain grief and accept the change
- 节外生枝[idiom]crop up unexpectedly
- 节节败退[idiom]make one retreat after another
- 节衣缩食[idiom]economize/scrimp on food and clothing
- 节流开源[idiom]broaden sources of income and reduce expenditure
- 节节胜利[idiom]win victory after victory
- Note"节" is uaually pronounced as "jié"; when pronounced as "jiē", it is used for "节骨眼儿" and "节子".