He tried his best to solve the difficult problem.
We used all our strength to move the stone away.
The job drained her of energy.
v.use up; exhaust
The firemen did their best to ensure their safety.
put all one's heart and soul into
do everything called for by humanity and duty
v.come to an end to the utmost; to the limit
where the mountains and the rivers end
reach the acme of perfection
v.fmldie; to end one's life; die; pass away
v.try one's best; put to the best use
be loyal to
fulfil one's duty
adv.entirely; totally; completely; wholly
take it all back
have a panoramic view
These are miscellaneous things.
Words and phrases with 尽
- 尽其所能[word]to the best of one’s ability
- 尽忠[word]be loyal to; lay down/sacrifice one's life
- 尽量[word]reach the limit
- 尽情[word]as much as one likes
- 尽意[word]express oneself fully
- 尽然[word]entirely so
- 尽责[word]try one's best to fulfil one's responsibility
- 尽心[word]show dedication
- 尽欢[word]enjoy oneself to the full
- 尽收眼底[idiom]have/command/get a panoramic view
- 尽欢而散[idiom]leave only after each has enjoyed himself to the utmost
- 尽其所长[idiom]endeavour to the best of one's ability
- 尽心竭力[idiom]strain every nerve
- 尽如人意[idiom]entirely satisfactory
- 尽忠报国[idiom]be devoted to one's country
- 尽人皆知[idiom]be common knowledge
- 尽释前嫌[idiom]forget old grudges entirely