v.move ahead; move/march forward
They stride forward singing militant songs.
We should remember that not to advance is to go backwards.
Don't take one step forward but two steps back.
v.get into; go into; come in
The ambulance is in the hospital.
The train is pulling in.
She entered the conference hall to look for someone.
v.receive; admit; income; recruit
stock with goods
Our unit has taken on a new typist.
give a word of advice
v.(used after a verb) in/into
The students tripped into the classroom.
Can you knock this nail into the wood?
This case is full, and I can't pack any other clothes in.
measure wordany of the several rows of houses within an old-style residential compound
a building with a front and a back yard
This house may have three rows of rooms.
Words and phrases with 进
- 进球[word]score a goal; goal
- 进行时[word]progressive tense
- 进出[word]get/go in and out; turnover
- 进行[word]be on the march; conduct
- 进出口[word]imports and exports; exits and entrances
- 进取[word]be eager to make progress
- 进寸退尺[idiom]advance by an inch but retreat by a foot
- 进退失据[idiom]in a dilemma/plight
- 进进出出[idiom]go in and out half a dozen times
- 进退无路[idiom]have no alternative