adv.(indicating determination) just; simply; exactly; precisely
I simply refused to believe that I couldn't master it.
If it rains tomorrow, we won't go.
So far as the expenses are concerned, we saved as much as 50,000 yuan.
adv.at once; right away; as early as
He will come right away.
I will leave first thing tomorrow.
It'll be ready in a minute.
adv.only; merely; just
You are the only one we are waiting for.
He alone knows the inside story.
I have just one question.
v.accomplish; get ready
accomplish in one move
Everything has been completed.
v.come near; approach; move towards
take the simple, less complicated way
shirk the difficult and take the easy
They play chess by the light of a street lamp.
v.go to; take up; undertake; engage in; enter upon
go to school
take one's place
prep.accommodate oneself to; with regard to; concerning
at somebody's convenience
while you are at it
v.be eaten with; go with
eat rice with salted vegetables
Even if you get angry, it won't help.
Words and phrases with 就
- 就座[word]be seated
- 就便[word]be at somebody's convenience
- 就合[word]accommodate/yield oneself to; draw oneself together
- 就位[word]take one's place
- 就职演说[word]inaugural speech
- 就手[word]while you're at it
- 就读[word]attend school
- 就捕[word]be arrested
- 就我所知[word]for all I know
- 就地正法[idiom]carry out the execution on the spot
- 就事论事[idiom]judge the case as it stands
- 就地取材[idiom]obtain raw material locally
- 就实论虚[idiom]discuss ideology according to practical work