num.six (sum of five plus one); sixth; (refer to ); 6
One plus five is six.
I haven't seen him in six days.
I only have six yuan left.
n.a note of the scale in gongchepu, corresponding to 5 in numbered musical notation; the fifth note in gongche musical notation; (refer to )
Words and phrases with 六
- 六朝文[word]six dynasties prose
- 六合彩[word]Mark Six
- 六欲[word]six sensory desires
- 六艺[word]the six subjects of ancient Chinese education: rites, music, archery, charioteering, reading and writing, and arithmetic; the Six Classics: The Book of Songs, The Classic of Documents, The Book of Rites, The Book of Music, The Book of Changes, and The Spring and Autumn Annals
- 六经[word]six pairs of channels
- 六折[word]forty percent discount
- 六神[word]state of mind
- 六指儿[word]six-fingered hand or six-toed foot; person with a six-fingered hand/foot
- 六六六[word]benzene hexachloride
- 六宫粉黛[idiom]empress, imperial concubines and maids
- 六畜兴旺[idiom]The domestic animals are all thriving.
- 六根清净[idiom]the six roots of sensations are pure and clean
- 六尺之孤[idiom]orphan under fifteen years old
- 六朝金粉[idiom]gaiety and splendour of the aristocratic life of Six Dynasties; women's cosmetics and adornments
- 六月飞霜[idiom]miscarriage of justice
- 六亲不认[idiom]disown all one's relatives and friends; be committed to public welfare/interest with no attempt to seek personal gains
- 六道轮回[idiom]the six great divisions in the wheel of karma
- 六神无主[idiom]all six vital organs fail to function-be perplexed/stupefied
- Note"六" is written as "陆" on cheques, banknotes, etc to avoid mistakes or alterations.