Structure:Above to below
n.south (one of the four directions); direction to the right of sunrise
This room faces south.
The old south grandstand must be rebuilt.
Which way is south?
n.southern part of China; the south; (of China) regions south of the Yangtze River
native produce from south China
transport the vegetables of the south to the north
Words and phrases with 南
- 南水北调[word]South-to-North water diversion
- 南朝[word]the Southern Dynasties , namely, the Song Dynasty , the Qi Dynasty , the Liang Dynasty and the Chen Dynasty
- 南斗[word]Southern Dipper
- 南岭[word]Nanling Mountains
- 南唐[word]Southern Tang
- 南亚[word]South Asia
- 南风不竞[idiom]The opponent isn’t strong enough.
- 南面百城[idiom]holding a high official post, governing many places and possessing enormous wealth
- 南腔北调[idiom]with mixed accents
- 南山可移[idiom]The southern mountain might be moved off .
- 南征北战[idiom]fight north and south
- 南来北往[idiom]going south and north
- 南征北讨[idiom]conquer north and south
- 南辕北辙[idiom]go south by driving the chariot north
- 南箕北斗[idiom]Winnowing-fan in the southern skies and Dipper in the northern skies