n.chess or any board game; game of go
I want to participate in a chess game.
He won a game of chess.
He is playing chess.
no retraction of a chess move
Words and phrases with 棋
- 棋局[word]composition; chessboard
- 棋坛[word]chess circles
- 棋子[word]chessman; pawn
- 棋苑[word]chess circles
- 棋锋[word]brilliance shown in playing chess
- 棋艺[word]skill in playing chess
- 棋谱[word]chess manual
- 棋布星罗[idiom]spread out and scatter about like stars in the sky or chessman on the chessboard
- 棋高一着[idiom]outmatch one's opponent; have a better skill, idea or approach than others
- 棋逢对手[idiom]diamond cuts diamond
- 棋逢敌手[idiom]be well-matched in a contest
- "棋" is often matched with measure word "盘"or"步"or"副".
one game of chess
one set of chess