n.head; part of the body that contains the eyes, ears, nose, and mouth at the front of the body in animals and on the top of humans
He turned away his head.
The ball hit him on the head.
The child hit his head by accident.
That's a good haircut.
He's going to get a haircut.
She had her hair permed.
comb the hair
measure wordinfml(used for garlic bulbs); (used for large domesticated animals)
She went to the supermarket and bought two bulbs of garlic.
My grandfather sold a cow.
There are thirty cows in his family.
n.top; tip; end
One end of the rope was tied to the tree.
No. 60 is at the end of the lane.
My house is at the end of the road.
at the head of a bed
When ever will you finish your story?
The matter isn't finished yet.
When ever will you make an end, weaving thread by thread that way?
make a start
n.infmlremnant; remains; leftover
n.chief; boss; leader
He is the boss of the gang.
Come to our side.
We mustn't pay attention to only one aspect of the matter.
proceed each following one assignment
fall between two stools
num.infmlfirst; number one
the first time
the two front rows
last two years
the previous day
prep.dialbefore; prior to
wash hands before eating
Words and phrases with 头
- 头寸[word]money market/supply; cash
- 头等大事[word]a cardinal task
- 头饰[word]head ornament
- 头目[word]leader; ringleader
- 头天[word]yesterday; first day
- 头破血流[idiom]be beaten black and blue
- 头晕眼花[idiom]One's head grew giddy and one's eyes befogged.
- 头昏脑胀[idiom]feel dizzy/giddy
- 头头是道[idiom]clear and logical
- 头皮发麻[idiom]blood freezes
- 头脑冷静[idiom]have a cool head
- 头重脚轻[idiom]have an unstable foundation
- 头昏眼花[idiom]feel dizzy and with one's eyesight dimmed
- "头" is often matched with measure word "颗"or"个".