num.fmltwice; once more
make persistent efforts
over and over
If you don't understand this example, let me give you a second one.
adv.again; once more
Please sing it again.
Please wait for another few days.
stage a comeback
One's youth never returns.
Opportunity knocks but once.
adv.(used to indicate the occurrence of an action after the completion of another)
Let's leave when the rain stops.
Have your dinner before you watch TV.
draw up a workable plan before taking any action
adv.(used before adjectives) more
It couldn't be any better.
strive for further progress
Still louder, please.
adv.used to indicate the continuing of a situation in conditional or suppositional clauses; if
If we don't leave now, we'll miss the train.
The project will be accomplished in a few more days.
Words and phrases with 再
- 再者[word]what's more
- 再生能源[word]renewable energy
- 再就业[word]be re-employed
- 再三[word]over and over again
- 再生父母[idiom]one's great benefactor
- 再三再四[idiom]time and again
- 再接再厉[idiom]continue to exert oneself
- 再作冯妇[idiom]take on a risky and difficult job again
- 再衰三竭[idiom]be weakened and demoralized
- 再造之恩[idiom]favor tantamount to giving somebody a new lease of life
- 再生之德[idiom]the grace of rebirth
- Note"再" is different from "又". "又" mainly refers to a situation that has been repeated; "再" mainly refers to a situation that will be repeated.