Structure:Above to below
v.(as opposed to "buy") sell
The merchandise can't be sold.
He put his house up for sale.
Watermelons sell fast.
v.betray (one's country or friends)
Don't give me away.
v.exert to the utmost; do one's best; do all one can; spare no effort, energy, etc.
exert all one's strength
v.parade; show off; make a show of
like to show off one's merit
measure worddateda dish (in the old times)
one portion of scrambled eggs
Words and phrases with 卖
- 卖空[word]short sale
- 卖命[word]work oneself to the bone; die for
- 卖国主义[word]national betrayal
- 卖报人[word]news vendor
- 卖出价[word]offer rate
- 卖座[word]draw well
- 卖价[word]selling price
- 卖友求荣[idiom]betray one's friend to obtain promotion
- 卖主求荣[idiom]betray one's master for personal gains
- 卖官鬻爵[idiom]sell ranks and titles
- 卖文为生[idiom]make a living by one's pen
- 卖弄风骚[idiom]flirt and coquet
- 卖身投靠[idiom]sell out oneself to the enemy
- 卖弄学问[idiom]show off one's learning
- 卖国求荣[idiom]seek after glory by selling out one's own country