v.resprequest; ask; beg; pray; solicit; petition; desire; please
Ask her in.
May I ask a favour of you?
She asked help from her teacher.
v.invite; ask; engage
The teacher invited us to her home last weekend.
Let's hire a lawyer.
I'll treat you to lunch.
Words and phrases with 请
- 请安问好[word]give greetings
- 请缨[word]request a cord from the emperor
- 请调[word]apply/ask for a transfer
- 请战书[word]written request for a battle assignment
- 请客[word]stand treat
- 请安[word]pay respects to somebody; salute by bending one's left knee and drooping one's right hand
- 请降[word]beg to surrender
- 请求[word]ask; request
- 请命[word]plead on somebody's behalf; ask for instructions
- 请君入瓮[idiom]have a taste of what you intended for others
- 请自隗始[idiom]be willing to set oneself as an example to attract a bunch of worthies
- 请客送礼[idiom]give dinners or send gifts in order to curry favour
Chinese Characters with pinyin qǐng
- 顷qing; short while