I bought a book.
This is a horse.
I have been there once or twice.
We are of the same family.
We rode on the same train.
num.whole; all; throughout
I won't be home all day.
He ate a full bowl of rice.
They swam all afternoon.
adv.fml(used before a verb or a verbal measure to indicate an action to be followed by a result)
Will you get married as soon as one leaves university?
At dawn they started off to work in the fields.
We will do it as soon as we have an opportunity to.
num.concentrated; whole-hearted; pure
heart and soul; wholeheartedly
Yangtze is another name for the Changjiang River.
"Fanqie"(tomato) is also called "xihongshi" in Chinese.
num.(used in the middle of a reduplicated verb meaning a little, slightly)
Please wait a bit!
Let me smell it.
have a look
adv.(used before a verb or an adjective, indicating the suddenness or thoroughness of an action or a change in the situation)
n.yi (note of the scale in gongchepu, corresponding to 7 in numbered musical notation)
Words and phrases with 一
- 一点[word]a few; thimbleful
- 一眼[word]a glance; a
- 一家[word]one family; one school/doctrine
- 一路[word]all the way; of the same kind/type
- 一段[word]one paragraph; a length of
- 一如既往[idiom]just as in the past
- 一心一意[idiom]heart and soul
- 一无所知[idiom]be absolutely ignorant of
- 一塌糊涂[idiom]in a complete mess
- 一国两制[idiom]the “one country, two systems” policy
- 一模一样[idiom]like two peas in a pod
- 一举一动[idiom]one's every action
- 一动不动[idiom]keep one's body unmoved